Monday, May 6, 2013

Love. Part One.

While chatting with an old friend on Facebook (Miss Laura), we were talking about her upcoming wedding and how excited I was for her. I absolutely LOVE love. I think its adorable, sweet innocent (until proven otherwise). That feeling you get when you catch him looking at you, the excitement over that phone call or text, the butterflies he leaves when he kisses you, I love all of that. I unfortunately feel that for my husband, with whom I am currently separated from.

Now before you get all judgy on me, let me finish....Laura said I should start a blog, as therapy. So that is why I am here. So feel free to respect me and my followers, which currently is in the single digits, (go me!!).

I am very well aware of how I was set up in life to fail at this thing called love. All the Disney movies, fairy-tales, well movies in general. So I am a hopeless romantic, emphasis on the hopeless.

This is part one of my story.

I knew my husband from church. I remember when his family lived on my parents street and my sister and I would drive by and see him and his friend and we would laugh, I said "I would NEVER marry a guy like that, they lack determination and drive." Little did I know at that time this boy would steal my heart, and break it in more ways then one.

About a year later I remember coming home from a summer camp and he needed a ride home and no one else was available to do it. So I offered him a ride. I remember his mom inviting me to his high school grad party. I declined as we were not really friends but just acquaintances.

Friendship blossomed over the next 1-2 years, we hung out in the same group of people and became youth leaders for our church. He had a girlfriend at the time of 4 years, and I had a crush on another guy who I thought was so dreamy with his amazing tan and the guy had arms to die for.

His current girlfriend no one liked and so they kind of just ignored her, it made me feel terrible so I tried to make her feel welcome and even invited her to go hang out and go to a movie once or twice. (I had no romantic feelings for him at this time.) I just wanted to be single, have fun and live life. That is exactly what I did. When we hung out it was simple, and fun. We could do anything and it was exciting.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to come back for the next part of my story!

Nicole
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and show me some love.