Friday, September 6, 2013

1st grade, and near death experiences.

Today is full of so many things, a lot of special things, a lot of firsts. My oldest baby started his first day of first grade. He was so excited and nervous, but he is a champ. I could not have asked for a nicer teacher. She is hilarious, and very sweet. We actually put together a cute teacher survival basket for her, I will get to that and tell you what we put in it later in the post. Well here he is in all his adorable-ness.

Yes, I rocked this pinterest inspired photo shoot. ( More like "WERE LATE GRAB THIS AND HOLD STILL....SMILE...YAY, HURRY GET IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!")
I asked this sweet boy what he wanted for breakfast his first day back at school, that I would make him WHATEVER his little heart desired. Kid says, "Oh I want to eat these muffins grandma made." Seriously?!?
Whatever dude, makes it easier on this mama I guess. 

Now the Teacher survival baskets turned out so cute! 

So you can kind of see what we put in the basket, his teacher's reaction was priceless, she LOVED it. Here is what we put in the basket:

Water Bottle, Spark (EVERY teacher can use spark..its my sunshine in a box), Slam, vanilla roast almonds (Yum), granola thins, gum, lipton tea packets, we also added an apple and banana, breakfast on the go snacks, and some hand sanitizer (can never be too safe with so many kiddo's around.)
 
Now because my life isn't interesting enough...while I was driving back from dropping Rylan off at school I saw something on my windshield. I was like what the heck is that....it was a wasp, are you kidding me?!?! Thing crawled all the way across the windshield to the driver's side, and then OF COURSE fell onto the steering wheel. I about killed myself. Pretty sure I screamed so loud and high pitched only dogs could hear. I survived another day, no wasps were harmed, but I did get the dumb thing out of my car.

Another thing...today would have been my 5th anniversary. Enough said. My heart hurts. I have awesome friends, and haven't blubbered my day through work. I would say that is a win. Nothing a little choc and some fat pants can't fix right? Maybe I will skip that and just go bootcamp it up. 

Happy Friday All! 

xoxo 

Nicole





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and show me some love.